Today, we will be discussing about how to take forklift training in Orange County. Operating training will always be important as a matter of fact, before you get employed as a forklift driver, you must show your operator license or certificate to the hiring manager otherwise, your application will just be set aside or thrown in the garbage if cannot present a proof that you are a trained forklift operator.
Now, if you are an employer that searching for ways to get your fleet trained and certified, we also prepared for you some guides. Check out those below this article.
Forklift training will always be a number one priority if you are an individual looking to get a job or a business searching for means in order to get compliant to OSHA regulation. It will always be very vital for forklift operator to be totally qualified.
Step in Taking the Forklift Training Course
- You can take a formal training course and get certified at the school. See the list of schools in Orange County below where you can enroll. Register a course that is specific to the category of forklift you want to be trained on. It will cost around $50 to $200 depending on the machine you will be operating and the length of the course.
- As per OSHA recommendation, forklift training should be comprised of classroom and hands-on demonstration. You will need to take first the classroom lecture where you can learn the theories and safety aspects of operating a forklift.
- Just like a subject you’ve taken at school when you were still studying, you will be given a written test to assess what you’ve learned from the lectures. The questionnaire normally composed of the 50 to 100 items that you need to answer 85 of it correctly. Ask your instructor what is the passing rate, passing grade varies from instructor to instructor.
- When you’ve been successful passing the exam, you will then go through the practical driving or actual demonstration. If you’ve driven a forklift before, taking this test will be easy for you but if you’ve never laid your hands and feet at the controls of a forklift, don’t worry you can learn from the instructor.
- In order to get certified, the instructor will then hand over you a set of tasks that you need to satisfactorily complete. If you’ve learned from the practical training, finishing the tasks will be convenient for you. Satisfy the training instructor about your performance, then, you are assured of receiving your forklift license or operator card. Aside from the license, you will also be issued with a certificate that you can present as credential to your prospective employer.
Forklift Training Schools in Orange County Where You Can Enroll for a Course
OC Forklift Certification
PO Box 531 Orange CA 92866
A-1 Forklift Certification
Offers training to Orange County and other nearby locations in Southern California
Southern California Material Handling (SCMH)
Service LA, Orange County and San Fernando Valley Areas
Call: (562) 949-1000
Socal First Aid
Provides Forklift Training Across Southern California
Tel: 800 480 5855
Fax: 818 838 2000
Serving local businesses in Orange County for the past 20 years
Hyundai Forklift of Southern California
Ph: 800-660-5241 Fx:323-622-5010
have trained hundreds of drivers for a range of businesses in the Greater Los Angeles, Orange county and surrounding areas
Offers comprehensive forklift training programs that provide solutions for many businesses in Orange County.
Forklift University Inc.
OSHA Forklift Training, TOLL FREE (888) 674-9992
All Access Services
Offers training in A.W.P. (Aerial Work Platform)
Ultra Booms, Reach Forklifts, Forklift
Phone: (714) 647-1552
All Purpose Forklift Training
Phone: (888) 501-1355, (888) 206 1271
Provides forklift safety training and instructor course
Ask the Safety Man
Provides onsite group training for companies in San Diego, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange counties.
1-800-277-2267 Ext. #1
Serving Orange County and all of California
Call (800) 331-4700
Forklift Operator Salary
A forklift operator who is working Orange, California can expect an annual average salary of $38,866 according to the latest August 3, 2017 report of salary.com. The operator salary usually somewhere in the ballpark figure of $34,505-$44,218, not including bonus, overtime pay, benefit, additional remuneration and other factors that affect the basic pay.
Forklift operator pay also depends on the length of experience of an individual and the size of the business of the employer.
If Employer Hires Operators from the Staffing or Recruitment Company?
If an employer employs forklift operators from the staffing company, the employer and staffing company should be held jointly liable for the provision of the training to the operators. In order for the employer and staffing company to have a division of responsibilities, they can both enter into an agreement or contract. The employer will be handling the provision of training about the workplace-specific and equipment-specific aspects of the training.
If Employer employs Different Forklifts in the Workplace?
If the employer has many types of the forklifts in the worksite, the employer must assure that the operator is fully trained in driving on that type of the forklift that will be utilized. There are many varieties of forklifts and each type is unique in terms of operational controls, functions it performs, how it is powered, and even on the operating hazard it presents. It is therefore, recommended that the training course should be specific to the type of equipment an operator will be driving.
How Long Does It Take to Take Refresher Training?
OSHA does require individuals and businesses to have forklift training refreshed every three years. The employer must keep a record of the training by maintaining a file or documentation to confirm that they supplies necessary training at a regular interval to the operators. This is handy to present to OSHA when the work premise is visited by their inspector.
If Operator Failed the Test, Can He Retake It?
Some trainees find the written test tricky while others may find the hands-on driving daunting and that feeling plays a role why trainees failed the training tests. Trainees seldom fail the test, but if you are unsuccessful, you can retake it again. But you have to pay extra because of the time and test materials that will be spent.
To Conclude This
Forklift will only take some of your time and money. It only takes 1 to 2 days to complete a course and it will only cost you around $50 to $200 and that will still depend on the duration and comprehensiveness of the course. Spend some time and money, you can reap great benefits from having a forklift certification. Orange County is a good place to be employed in.