If you are an individual, the value of having forklift operator training in Liverpool is crucial because it opens wide variety of career opportunities. Your worth for the employer lies in your ability to work safely and productively. Hence, getting trained first is very crucial when looking for a job or performing work for the company. It could be very difficult for the employer to find the right man for the job. Not because there are a handful of applicants, but because there are only few trained people who can do the job. And we want you to be one of them.
If you are an employer and looking to train your forklift operators, you already know by now that operating forklifts requires steady hands and an even steadier awareness and attention on safety. You do not want to be fined and penalized by having unruly and disordered workers.
Read the tutorial below to see how you or your workers can get licensed to drive lift trucks.
Getting Your Forklift Training
Training could be delivered either at the training centre or at the actual workplace. The latter is the best option, if you are an employer. The former is the only option if you are a new entrant. Either way, here’s what you need to do:
1. Identify What Training You Require
Determine what level of competence you or your workers have. There are several training courses available (novice, conversion, semi-experienced, untested, refresher trainings) by identifying the skill level the trainee has, you can figure out what you require.
Likewise, there are a wide range of lift trucks, ranging from three-wheeled to four-wheeled, gas, diesel to electric powered, from counterbalanced, telescopic to rough terrain vehicles. When looking for a training course, specify what you want to drive or being utilized your workplace.
2. Contact a Training School or Trainer
We have prepared a list of training providers in Liverpool, see below.
Finding the best school or trainer can push your workers’ knowledge to solid elevation, and consequently, the business productivity. When surveying for a training provider, always check first if they are registered to an accrediting body. There are several accrediting bodies, namely RTITB, ITSSAR, AITT, NPORS, LANTRA and CITB.
Choose the training school that has modern forklift equipment. If the school still has the old and obsolete trucks, then expect the curriculum is outdated as well. You would not get much competence.
Choose the one that has a few students per class. A good ratio is 1:3 or 1:4 or one trainer for every three or four students. It is much more preferable to have smaller class, so that trainer can monitor and focus on each student.
Choose the provider who has been around for sometime or trainer who has lots experience in this field. You can easily detect an unproven training provider, the course tend to be much cheaper to others.
If you are an employer, you can further follow this criterion:
Just like I mentioned previously, training provider is capable to deliver the training on-site. This is the most effective way of training delivery, this is because the trainer can make a tailored course that matched with the type of workplace and workers you have.
2. Attending the Course and Passing the Tests
The training duration will depend on the knowledge you have . If you are taking novice course, obviously, the length of the training tends to be longer. For novice, it may take up to 5 days.
The training will composed of theory and practical tests. The theory test will determine how well knowledgeable you are while the practical test will identify your actual driving skills. The trainer will administer these tests and will rate you accordingly.
If you pass the testing standard, you are then guaranteed to receive your forklift certificate at the end of the course.
Forklift Training Centres in Liverpool
If you are based in Liverpool, here are some of the training providers you can find in this location:
- Flt Training Liverpool Ltd. - 20 Jordan Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 0BP, Tel: 0151 709 2224
- FTW Training - Unit 7 Montague Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 8FZ, Tel: 0151 420 3444
- One To One Training Services - 27 Albert Drive, Liverpool, L9 8BG, Mob: 07836 368333
- Forklift Agency Ltd - 235 Bowland Drive, itherland, Liverpool, L21 0JH, Tel: 0151 203 9227
- TRS Training Ltd - Unit 1 Moorgate Industrial Estate, Knowsley, Liverpool L33 7XW, Call: (+44) 0151 363 5573
- Train to Change – The center is located near Liverpool, Ph0151 345 0557 or 07825 507 555
- Express Direct Training Ltd. - 18 Faraday Rd Liverpool, Merseyside L13 1EH, Phone: 0151 548 7811
- Ace Forklit Training Truck Operator Guide – Contact: 333-FORKLIFT
- APL Training - Free Phone: 0800 085 3709, Tel: 01942 262 993, provides service to Liverpool and nearby areas
- Adapt (UK) Training Services Ltd - North Mersey Business Centre, Woodward Rd, Knowsley Ind Park, Liverpool, L33 7UY, Contact: 0151 549 0549
- System Group Ltd - Suite 11, The Matchworks, Speke, Liverpool, L19 2RF, Call: 0845 609 9003
- Linde Sterling Ltd – Offer courses in many other locations, Tel: 0800 0304908, Fax: 01925 417011
- John Gibson Training – Training is given all around UK, call to make an inquiry: Tel: 01494 864 452, Mobile: 07752 223 572
How Much Does It Cost You
There are many training packages you can find. If you are an employer and planning to send your fleet of operators to group training, you can better negotiate the price with the provider.
On the other hand, if you are an individual and a total novice, it could cost you around £340 to £500 excluding VAT. Semi-experienced operator training could range from £150 to £250. Prices may also vary depending on the type of forklifts you want to handle.
Can You Get Free Forklift Training If You Are Unemployed
I know the feeling of being unemployed, I’ve been in that situation. If you are really want to get trained while you are unemployed, the best option for you to go to the nearest job centre. The centre will advise you the most appropriate way of getting trained and even refer you to a training provider. The likelihood of getting the training may depend on the location where you are.
It doesn’t take long to get trained and certified forklift driver in Liverpool. The value of having the training is huge. It will take an amount of your time and energy but it could skyrocket your career status and elevate your change of getting a good-paying job.