Getting forklift certification in Georgia can definitely boost you chance of landing a high-paying position. Being licensed can also dictate promotion and salary increase. Employers choose certified operators to occupy positions as they do not have to take time off sending them to schools.
You cannot be certified to drive a forklift by doing the training online. You must attend the training course in person. OSHA required the operator to undergo lectures and actual forklift operation.
If you are serious with this career or planning to change career path, here are the information you must know.
But before you carry on understing this guide, I would like to you to spend some time reading these imporant topics:
- How to Become Certified Driving Forklifts
- Where Can You Go To Get Forklift License
- What are the Requirements You Need Before Taking the Training
- How Much Does It Cost You to Get Forklift Training
- How Long Does It Take You to Complete the Training Course
- Another Alternative: Online Forklift Training - Is It Suitable to You
If you are an employer who is planning to get forklift training for your workers, CHECK these important subjects:
- Appoint Someone as Forklift Trainer to Deliver the Training to Save Money
- Is it Your Responsibility to Train the Workers
- What Should the Training Be Composed of to Comply with OSHA
- Worker is Injured at Work, Are You Liable?
- How to Renew Forklift License for Your Workers
Taking the Forklift Certification
- The licensing is governed by experienced and certified trainer, normally, it can be done by in-house company trainer. The training curriculum for the operator includes workplace policies in placed, equipment load capacities is important, safety awareness, risk assessment and operational check-up and troubleshooting.
- The training can also be administered by attending certification course in training centers/providers (list is below). The centers have their own qualified trainers and readied facilities that simulate actual working environment.
- The operators will go trough the formal classroom lectures, actual driving of the machine in warehouse-type surroundings and trainers evaluation.
- Taking the written test and passing the trainer evaluation is the way of getting your wallet license and certificate of training.
- Present these to your employer as proofs that you successfully completed training and competent to operate forklift truck.
READ these Topics about passing the tests:
- How to Pass the Forklift Written Test
- How to Pass the Forklift Practical Test (Actual Demonstration)
Forklift Training Schools in Georgia State
- Goodwill of North Georgia - 2201 Lawrenceville Hwy, Suite 300, Decatur, Tel: 404-420-9900
- Atlanta Technical College - 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, Phone: +1 404-225-4461
- B & W Forklift Training Center – 329 Gees Mill Business Pkwy Suite 200, Conyers, GA, Ph: +1 678-413-1111
- Toyota Forklifts of Atlanta
- Komatsu Forklift of Atlanta - 1475 Rock Mountain Blvd, Stone Mountain, Phone: +1 770-938-5071
- SWS Environmental Services - Savannah, GA, Phone:+1 912-966-0686
- Complete Lift Service Inc – 9579 Jackson Trail Rd, Hoschton, Call: +1 706-654-1144
- Barloworld Handling - 5191 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, Contact: +1 770-987-7666
- Erickson's Forklifts, Inc. - 712 N Washington St, Albany, GA, Phone: +1 229-883-3939
- Lift Atlanta, Inc. - 2425 Park Central Blvd, Decatur, GA, Phone: +1 770-987-3200
- SuperTech, Inc. - 480 Ethan Dr, Fayetteville, GA 30214, Call: +1 770-716-7959
- Savannah Technical College - 5717 White Bluff Rd, Savannah, Call: +1 912-443-5700
- Central Georgia Technical College - 3300 Macon Tech Dr, Macon, GA Contact: +1 478-757-3400
- Florida Lift Systems, Inc. (serves many parts of Georgia) - Call: 800-226-2345
- Atlanta Forklifts - 822 Progress Industrial Blvd · +1 770-277-7600
- IVES Training Group - 1.800.643.1144
- Center for Business Solutions (Albany Technical College)
- Columbus Technical College - 928 Manchester Expy, Columbus, GA, Phone: +1 706-649-1800
- L.I.F.T Training - 600 Interchange Dr SW, Atlanta, GA, Tel: +1 678-866-5827
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - 4089 Val Tech Rd, Valdosta, GA, Tel: +1 229-333-2100
- South Georgia Technical College - 900 S Georgia Tech Pkwy, Americus, GA Phone: +1 229-931-2760
- Ogeechee Technical College – 1 Joe Kennedy Blvd, Statesboro, GA Ph: +1 912-681-5500
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College - 1189 Deepstep Rd, Sandersville, GA 31082, Tel:+1 478-553-2050
- Forklift Express - 6679 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Norcross, Phone: +1 770-662-8805
- Clayton County Chamber of Commerce - 2270 Mt Zion Rd, Jonesboro, GA, Tel: +1 678-610-4021
- Dougherty Equipment Company - 5503 Export Blvd, Savannah, GA, Phone:+1 912-966-1011
- All Lift of Georgia – 175 Carnes Dr, Fayetteville, Phone: +1 770-460-7163
- Lift One - 3425 Dug Gap Rd SW, Dalton, (706) 259-4895
Here's a guide about how to choose the best forklift training school to get quality training:
You must meet the training requirements
- US BLS requires new operator be at least 18 years old and high school diploma is required as formal education for an occupation of forklift driver.
- Driving forklift for long hours demands operator to be physically fit and in tip-top shape.
- Employer prefers those with clean records and no substance abuse.
- Driver’s license is not required to drive forklift trucks.
Recertification of forklift Operators
- OSHA regulation dictates that new operator must be trained first before he can operate forklift in the workplace and the type of training should be exact to the type of forklift truck he will be using.
- An operator holding an expired license or certificate must take the retraining. And those workers involved in near misses and mishaps should be retrained.
- An operator being a new hire in a company must also take recertification, in spite of his experience and training.
- The trainer or employer must keep the record of the recertification program and ensure that operators’ licenses are the latest.
How Much Does Certified Forklift Operator Make?
A certified forklift operator employed in Georgia can make at hourly wage $14.00 in average, but will vary depending on the experience and competency. This translates an operator can earn $29,500 per year. In South Carolina, wage is slightly higher.
Here are the cities and towns of Georgia with high paying wages for forklift operators:
$32,086 - Albany
$32,279 - Athens
$34,358 - Atlanta
$31,926 - Augusta
$31,296 - Columbus
$33,007 - Macon
$33,595 - Marietta
$33,251 - Roswell
$32,285 - Savannah
$30,033 - Valdosta
CHECK this out data about salary from Salary.com. This data is from March 2017 survey.
If you can prove your worth to the company, you can expect salary raise and promotion.
To get to know about present legislation, wages and benefits standards, and licensing procedures, you can visit the governing offices listed below.
Georgia Department of Labor
48 Andrew Young International Blvd., NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
OSHA Area Offices
Atlanta East Area Office
LaVista Perimeter Office Park
2183 N. Lake Parkway, Building 7
Suite 110, Tucker, Georgia 30084-4154
(770) 493-7725 FAX
Other Cities of GA
Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Savannah, Athens, Macon, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Albany, Marietta, Abbeville, Abbottsford, Adairsville, Adel, Alamo, Aline, Alma, Altamaha River, Alto, Aragon, Arcade, Arlington, Ashburn, Avondale Estates, Axson, Baldwin, Ball Ground, Balls Ferry, Baxley, Bellview, Berkeley Lake, Blackshear, Blakely, Bloomingdale, Blue Ridge, Bogart, Bonanza, Boston, Bowdon, Branchville, Brewton, Bridgeboro, Broad River, Brookfield, Brooklet, Broxton, Buchanan, Buena Vista, Butler, Byron, Calvary-Reno, Camilla, Canoochee, Carsonville-Panhandle, Cartecay, Cave Spring, Cedar Grove, Chatsworth, Chattahoochee Hills, Chattanoo Valley, Chester, Chickamau, Chula, Cisco, Clarkesville, Claxton, Cochran, Coldwater Creek, Colquitt, Comer, Cornelia, Cumming, Cusseta, Cuthbert, Dacula, Darien, Davis Academy, Davisboro, Dawsonville, Dawson, Deenwood, Demorest, Devereux, Dixie Union, Dixie, Donalsonville, Dutch Island, East Dublin, East Echols, East Griffin, East Newnan, East River, Eastman, Elberton, Elder, Elko, Ellaville, Ellijay, Emerson, Empress, Enigma, Eudora, Euharlee, Experiment, Faceville, Fairyland, Finleyson, Folkston, Forsyth, Fort Stewart, Franklin Springs, Gillis Springs, Glennville, Godfrey, Gordon, Grantville, Grayson, Gray, Greens Cut, Greshamville, Gumlog, Guyton, Hahira, Hardwick, Harlem, Hartford, Hartwell, Hawkinsville, Hazlehurst, Helena, Henderson, Hephzibah, Heron Bay, Higdon-Mobile, Hillcrest, Hiram, Holt, Homerville, Homer, Hoschton, Indian Springs, Irwinville, Isle of Hope, Jackson, Jasper, Jonesboro, Kensington, Kings Bay Base, Lake City,Lakeland, Lakeview Estates, Lavonia, Leesburg, Lincolnton, Lindale, Lithonia, Little House Creek, Little River, Little Sand Mountain, Locust Grove, Lookout Mountain, Louisville, Ludowici, Ludville, Lula, Lumber City, Lumpkin, Lyons, Macedonia, Madison, Manchester, Marshallville, Mayhaw, Maysville, McCaysville McRae, Meigs, Metter, Midway-Hardwick, Midway, Milford, Millen, Mineral Bluff, Montezuma, Montgomery, Monticello, Mount Airy, Mount Vernon, Mount Zion, Mountain City, Nahunta, Nashville, Naylor, Nelson, Nicholls, Nicholson, Norris, North Buena Vista, Oak Grove, Oak Ridge, Ocilla, Oglethorpe, Omaha, Ome, Palmetto, Pearson, Pelham, Pembroke, Pine Mountain, Porterdale, Putney, Quitman, Raoul, Ray City, Reed Creek, Reidsville, Remerton, Reynolds, Rich Mountain, Richland, Ringgold, Robins AFB, Rochelle, Rock Creek, Rock Spring, Rockingham, Rockmart, Rossville, Round Oak, Rover, Royston, Sand Mountain, Sandersville, Sandy Cross, Satilla Creek, Senoia, Shannon, Shawnee, Shellman, Social Circle, Soperton, South Lincolnton, South Ogeechee, Sparks, Sparta, Spence,Springfield, St. George, Statenville, Statham, Steam Mill, Summerville, Sunnyside, Surrency-Thornton, Swift Creek, Sylvania, Talahi Island, Tallapoosa, Temple, Tennille, Texas, The Rock-Yatesville, Thunderbolt, hurston, Townsend, Trenton, Trion, Turnerville, Twin City, Tybee Island, Unadilla, Union Point, Unionville, Varnell, Vesta-Enterprise, Vienna, Villanow, Wadley, Walnut Grove, Walthourville, Warrenton, Warthen, Washington, Watkinsville, Waynesboro, Waynesville, West Echols, West Green, West Point, Willacoochee, Winterville, Woodbine, Wrens, Wrightsville, Young Harris, Zebulon