Getting your forklift training in Nebraska can be confusing if you do not know where to begin. That’s why we’ve prepared this article for total novice individual like you. We tailor this so that it can be easily understood.
If you’re really interested in making a career in forklift driving, here’s what you need to do to take your license.
Before you continue, did you ask yourself, is driving forklift the right job for you? If you haven't figure out the answer, we have this article to help you:
Forklift Operator Training Schools
Training schools and providers are capable to deliver the training as they have their own professional trainer training facilities.
Here are some of the training centers in the state of Nebraska:
- National Safety Council - 11620 M Circle, Omaha, NE 68137, Phone: 402.896.0454, Toll-Free : 800.592.9004, Fax: 402.896.6331
- F-M Lift Pro - 10421 Chandler Circle, Omaha, NE 68128, (402) 697-3901
- Lift Solutions, Inc. - 924 Claude Road, Grand Island, Nebraska 68803, Phone: 308-384-7538
- HEUBEL·SHAW Material Handling - 13210 Centennial Road, Ste. 6, Omaha, NE 68138, Phone: 402-330-9040
- MH Equipment - 12112 Centennial Rd. Ste. 3, La Vista, Nebraska 68128, (402) 734-1260
- Forklifts Of Omaha - 4110 South 52nd St., Omaha, NE 68117, TOLL-FREE: 888.719.5314
- United Rentals, Inc. - 9815 South 147TH St., Omaha, NE 68138-3647, 402-895-7800, Fax: 402-895-2686
- Southeast Community College - 4771 W. Scott Rd., Beatrice, NE 68310, 402-228-3468
- Central Community College - 4500 63rd Street, PO Box 1027, Columbus, NE 68602-1027, 1-877-222-0780
- Nebraska Safety Council - Phone: 1.402.483.2511, Fax: 1.402.483.2513
If you have more questions about forklift training school, I recommend you to READ these guides:
How to Get a Forklift License
- Enroll in a training course at the training school. If you are employed, your employer should provide you the training you need. It is the employer's sole responsibility to supply the training to the workers.
- Attend the classroom lectures that will last for 4 to 6 hours.
- Complete the hands-on training. In this part of the course, you will be driving the forklift, maneuvers it and accomplishes sets of instructions.
- Take the written test and trainer evaluation.
- You will receive your certification and license card if you’re successful.
- The license is valid for three years.
For questions about forklift training and certification, these articles can help you:
- How to Pass the Forklift Written Test?
- How to Pass the Forklift Practical Training?
- Can I Retry If I Fail Forklift Training Test?
- How to Become Forklift Certified?
- What are the Requirements You Need to Get Certified?
- How Much Does It Cost to Get Certified?
- How to Renew Forklift License?
- What to Do If You Lost Your Forklift License?
- When to Take Forklift Refresher Course?
If you have other questions, I suggest to you to READ these guides:
- Can You Use Your Forklift License to Work in Another Company?
- Can You Use Your Forklift Certification to Work in Other State?
- Can You use Your Forklift License to Work in Other Country?
- Are You Injured at Work Doing Your Job, Is Your Employer Liable?
Forklift Operator Training Requirements
- You must be 18 years old and above
- Literate to make computation and literate to understand instruction;
- Driving license may be required
- Must be a high school graduate or in possession of a GED certificate
- Physically fit
Importance of Forklift Certification
- Being certified operator makes you more attractive in the eyes of the employer. You have your best chance of being selected for employment.
- Licensed and trained operators are more productive in doing their job. They can perform the task faster and safer as they’ve been taught of proper handling and work planning during the training.
- Reduced cost of maintenance of machines. Licensed operators especially those seasoned ones have acquired lots of knowledge repairing forklift in the event of breaking down, thus, the employer no longer needs to hire a mechanic.
- Decreased in accidents and mishaps – trained operators know how he is doing, and every move they take are calculated. They’ve been taught risk analysis and hazard identification at the training.
- Decreased property damage incidents – It has been observed that trained operators have become aware of the work surroundings making good calculations on how to maneuver the machine while loading/unloading/transporting, this minimizes the mishaps and damage to materials/property. Thus, bringing more profit to the business.
Salary of Forklift Driver in this State
In Nebraska, a warehouse forklift driver can make as much $34,771 on average per year. In Colorado, its closest state, the salary is a considerably higher.
Based on Salary.Com's latest report ( February 26, 2021), here are the cities of this state that offer the high salary for forklift drivers:
|$35,414 - Alvo||$35,357 - Hooper|
|$35,299 - Ames||$34,157 - Howells|
|$35,299 - Ashland||$35,256 - Ithaca|
|$35,265 - Avoca||$35,521 - Kennard|
|$33,831 - Bayard||$35,677 - Lincoln|
|$35,282 - Bee||$35,274 - Manley|
|$35,512 - Bennet||$36,832 - Max|
|$35,751 - Bennington||$35,414 - Milford|
|$35,455 - Blair||$35,341 - Murray|
|$35,850 - Boys Town||$35,304 - Nebraska City|
|$33,831 - Bridgeport||$35,357 - Nickerson|
|$33,557 - Burwell||$35,850 - Omaha|
|$35,619 - Cedar Creek||$36,699 - Palisade|
|$35,265 - Colon||$36,832 - Parks|
|$35,282 - Cortland||$35,611 - Pleasant Dale|
|$35,644 - Davey||$35,677 - Raymond|
|$35,677 - Denton||$35,611 - Roca|
|$35,250 - Douglas||$35,127 - Salem|
|$35,184 - Diller||$35,315 - Seward|
|$35,308 - Elmwood||$35,270 - Shubert|
|$35,685 - Elkhorn||$35,751 - St. Columbans|
|$35,315 - Firth||$35,224 - Syracause|
|$35,718 - Fort Calhoun||$35,357 - Uehling|
|$35,480 - Garland||$35,301 - Union|
|$35,587 - Gretna||$35,587 - Waterloo|
|$36,832 - Haigler||$35,611 - Walton|
You are more like to offer with higher wage if you’re a seasoned operator and have gained knowledge operating different types of forklift trucks. You are more likely to be promoted if you can exhibit professionalism toward your job, the promotion you could attain might be a trainer, a line leader or as a fleet supervisor. Job promotion translates to a higher salary.
READ these articles:
If you have concerns and complaints about work and safety standards, you may contact governing offices:
Omaha Area Office
444 Regency Parkway Drive, Suite 303
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Nebraska Department of Labor
Cities of NE
Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue, Grand, Island, Kearney, Fremont, Hastings, North, Platte, Norfolk, Columbus, Papillion, La, Vista, Scottsbluff, South Sioux City, Beatrice, Lexington, Alliance, Gering, Blair, York, McCook, Nebraska City, Ralston, Crete, Seward, Sidney, Plattsmouth, Schuyler, Chadron, Gretna, Wayne, Holdrege, Ogallala, Wahoo, Aurora, Falls, City, Cozad, Fairbury, O'Neill, Waverly, Gothenburg, Broken Bow, Auburn, West Point, Minden, Central City, David City, Valentine, Ashland, Kimball, Madison, St., Paul, Milford, Geneva, Imperial, Ord, Valley