Forklift drum attachment helps to safely and easily transport drums using forklifts.
It provides a simple and easy solution to picking, moving, transporting and stacking steel, plastic and fiber drums without any backbreaking effort. It reduces the physical strain of workers and increases their productivity.
If you plan to purchase an attachment like this for your workforce, let me remind you this:
You don’t have to find the best one or read a thorough review of this product since they are built to last and every manufacturer has a reputable declaration.
You just have to decipher what suits your requirement and application.
They only differ in installation on how it is going to be fit with the forklift and in the application on where you are going to use it for.
If you’re here because you’re looking for a forklift drum attachment, then here are options:
Vestil Forklift Drum Grippers/Lifts - For 30- Or 55-Gal. Drums – Single
With this drum attachment, you don’t have to leave the seat of the forklift as it easily picks up and grips the steel drum because of its adjustable design. Though it is a single capacity which ideal if you only have a handful of drums but it can do the job in minimal time.
This Vestil drum lifter/gripper DGS-A features arms that are easily moved to accommodate the 30 and 55-gallon drum.
To use this unit, just simply load the unit over the top of the drum until the arms are at the desired lifting point on the drum, raise the forks and tilt it back, keep the drum as close to the floor while it is being carried by the forklift.
To release the drum just tilt the forks forward, lower the arms to the ground and back away from the drum.
With its easy to use and release features make it ideal for any type of light to moderate drum-transporting work.
Features of the Unit:
- The overall WxDxH: 17x42x3 (inches), see if this fits the forks of your truck before buying
- 99 lbs. is the unit weight
- 800 lbs. lifting weight capacity
- Can be used to pick up 30 or 55-gallon capacity drum
- Welded steel construction
- Durable powder coat finish
- Safety restraint is included to be attached to the forklift’s mast whenever it is in use
- The arms can easily be folded back for storage when the unit is not in use
If you have a lot of drums to be transported and need to make the job done fast, then, you can choose this double-drum gripper also from the same manufacturer:
Vestil DGD-55-D Drum Gripper with Powder Coat Finish, Steel, 46-1/4" Width, 9-3/8" Height, 43-5/8" Depth, 2000 lbs Capacity
Just as you have read in the single version, this DGD-55-D has the same functionalities and use. This double-drum design can also lift 30 or 55-gallon drum with the maximum weight capacity of this unit is 2,000 lbs. It lifts and transports the drums similarly to the single version DGS-A.
The only downside of the product is that you cannot use it to transport a single drum, you can only use it to move 2 drums at a time.
Features of the Product:
- WxDxH 46.25 x 43.62 x 9.37 (inches) is the dimension, check first if this matches the forks of your truck before purchasing
- 109 lbs. is the shipping weight of the unit
- 2,000 lbs. lifting capacity
- Adjustable drum arm gripper
- It has welded steel construction, the same with the single version
- Can accommodate 30 and 55-gallon capacity drum
- The arms can be folded back for convenient storage
- Knuckle grip arm design for secure and tight grabbing of the drums
- Easy-release design, just lower the forks of the truck to release the drums, back away slowly
Whether you need a single or double-arm drum gripper, these units from Vestil can highly improve handling of the drums in the workplace. Both of these models’ key-feature is the easy-release, minimizing the stress for the operator and improving the efficiency.
Which unit of Vestil is best for you? Make the purchase now and improve the material handling of your workforce.
Morse Morspeed 288-1 Automatic Fork-Mount Drum Movers - 1500-Lb. Capacity
It has specialized jaws that grip the rim of the steel, plastic or fiber drum weighing up to 1,500 lbs securely in place.
For its installation, drive the forklift, slowly inch forward to the fork pockets and secure the unit by attaching the chain and clamp to the mast of the truck.
Features of the Product:
- Single drum handling capability
- Maximum weight capacity is 1500 lbs.
- Can be used to transport Steel, Fiber, or Plastic
- The fork pockets dimension is 6-1/2"Wx2-1/2"H
- It can handle 24” diameter rim drum or taller ones
- It has automatic jaw drum clamp to make sure the drum won’t get loose during transport
- Product weight is 267 lbs.
The key advantage of using this Morspeed single drum attachment is that you can convert it to handle 2 drums at the same time. Just loosen the drum handler and move it sideways, then add a second one on the same frame. Space the drum handler properly and secure them. You can now use it to transport 1 or 2 drums at a time.
The only downside of this product is it would take a little time to correctly space the 2 drum handlers during converting.
It the Morspeed 288-1 forklift drum attachment is what suits your application, what are you waiting for, get one for your workforce.
Valley Craft Drum Snatcher Mechanical Forklift Attachment Model# F87398A2
What makes this product ideal for you is if you only have light drum-handling work.
Just like any other drum attachments, it can easily be installed by sliding it on the forks, and secure it with its clamp and screw. It can handle both steel and plastic drums and the operator don’t need to get off the seat for the drum release.
Features of this Attachment:
- It has 800-Lb. Capacity
- Fits standard 23” to 24”. diameter, 55-gallon capacity drums
- Made from professional grade steel
- It fits the forklift with 8” gap between each fork
- It can be used to forklift with fork dimension: 1 5/8” x 5 5/8” x 16 3/4" (LxWxH)
If your workplace doesn’t require that much drum handling and there’s only an occasional application, this product suits your need. It is cheaper; it won’t put a dent in your pocket.
On the other hand, if your workplace has so much action moving drums, the Valley Craft manufacturer offers bigger variant compared to the previous one.
It is the:
Valley Craft F89704 Lift Truck Powered Maxi-Grip II Hydraulic
This product is used for lifting and moving plastic, steel and fiber drums. This model of the Valey Craft makes the moving and stacking of drums efficient and fast thanks to its hydraulic jaw that quickly grabs and releases the container to the desired location.
Features of this Product:
- Single-drum capacity
- The lifting mechanism is hydraulic.
- Load capacity is 2,000 lbs.
- Unit weight is 205 lbs.
- 9-inches by 15-inches jaw size
- The forklift should be fitted with auxiliary valve control and hydraulic quick couplers for operation since this attachment is fork-mounted
The only downside of this attachment it doesn’t have dumping capability, but it is good for fast transporting and moving of drums that make this ideal if you have moderate to a heavy application.
To Conclude This
These attachments are built with either welded steel construction or professional-grade steel that makes tough and can last the test of time. They have the same purpose but differ on how they are going to be attached to the fork truck.
They make the job just as easy as picking up candy. This attachment is a must-have for every workplace that handles the inventory of drums.
Find one that best suits your need since every workplace has its own and unique set of requirements.
We are sure that you can find a forklift drum attachment that suits your requirements.