Forklift licence issued to you in Dandenong, Victoria is valid in every states and territories of Australia, permitting you to perform high risk work involving forklift driving.
In case, you do not have an HRW forklift licence, and you intending to get yours, The Victorian WorkSafe commences some rules and the steps you need to follow.
Here’s the shortened tutorial on what you need to do applying for a HRW licence.
Applying for a Forklift Licence
- Look for RTO that provide training course on forklift testing (LF class) and forklift license to operate order picker (LO class). List of RTOs in Dandenong, Victoria is below.
- Find a course appropriate to your skill level requirement. The course should conform on the standards set forth by the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work and course must meet Victoria WorkSafe licensing regulations. The course contains of theory and practical coverage. The course objectives are to provide knowledge in forklift operation safely and efficiently and to pass Victorian Worksafe Authority assessment. Course duration is dependent on the skill level of the applicants, usually RTO could give comprehensive training course in 2-3 days.
- After successful course completion and WorkSafe assessment, applicant will be issued with notice assessment and certificate of attainment.
- Send those documents to participating Australia Post in person together with the HRW completed application form, passport type photo, proof of ID, application fee of AU$60. Australia Post Officer must witness that you sign the application.
- It may take up to 1 month before you receive your HRW forklift licence. The licence is valid for 5 years.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) in Dandenong
- Advanced Forklift Licences & Training
- Baytrain Warehouse and Construction Industry Training
- Transport Driving Training (TDT Training Australia)
- Yugo Driving School
- Foresite Dandenong
- Flexi Lift Australia
- Coates Training Services
- ASA Personnel Industrial Training
- Australia Easy Training Pty. Ltd.
- Dandenong Forklift License & Training Centre
- Forklift Driver Training and Worksafe Licence Test
- Kool Shops
- Ace Workplace Training
- Value Added Personnel
- Construction Safety Assurance Pty. Ltd.
Other RTOs in Victoria that provide forklift training
- Go Workplace Training
- Cove Training
- Top End Training
A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) must be certified by Victorian Registration & Qualification Authority in order to conduct the training course.
RTO training course is not cheap, it can cost AU$300 to AU$600 to apply and and additional AU$60 need to be paid for issuance of WorkSafe photographic licence.
Other institution can provide free training course, you can take a look out of this if you are intending a free training course.
RTO’s Forklift Certification Requirements
- Must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you don’t have it yet, visit USI website: www.usi.gov.au to know how to apply for this requirement.
- Primary form of ID such as passport, birth card, driver’s licence; and secondary for of ID such as Healthcare card, credit card, etc.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Applicant must have a valid Australian driver’s licence.
- Must wear suitable clothing (PPE) during the duration of the training
Renewal of High Risk Work Forklift Licence
Starting the date of July 1, 2007, HRW licence holders must receive renewal pack 90 days before the date indicated on their licence. Update your information recorded in WorkSafe, if necessary. Lodge your application in person, here’s what you need to do.
- Submit the completed renewal notice to Australia Post
- Attach your current photo
- Pay the renewal fee of AU$45.
For more additional details about implementing rules and guidelines about licencing, visit Victorian WorkSafe Authority http://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au. More tutorials on applications and renewal of forklift licence in Dandenong can also be found on that resource.