Workers who operate forklift trucks must licenced. The WorkSafe Western Australia obliges warehouse and construction businesses to have their operators certified before conducting forklift operation.
There are two kinds of licences:
TLILIC2001A - Licence to operate a forklift truck (LF Class)
TLILIC2002A - Licence to operate an Order Picking Forklift truck (LO)
Determine what class suits your requirements.
Application for forklift certification in WA , follow these steps:
Step 1: Take competency course
- This can be done through certified registered training organization. RTOs in Western Australia is listed below for your reference.
- Applicant must complete formal and practical training and pass the assessment.
- After completion of the course, RTO will issue certificate of attainment and notice of assessment.
Step 2: Applicant must complete SafeWork WA licence requirements
- Must attain 100 points evidence of identity
- 2 passport size current photo
- $86 as application fee
- certification of attainment and notice of assessment issued by RTO
Step 3: Submit application in person to Department of Commerce (WorkSafe)
- Applicant must lodge application within 60 days after the date indicated in notice of assessment.
- WorkSafe plastic licence will be mailed to you
- Maximum of 8 weeks is the process. In case you haven’t received yours after application, telephone WorkSafe on 1300 424 091
Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in WA
RTO provide nationally recognized forklift training that met the standards of Training Accreditation Council of Australia and ASQA. Here the training providers in West Australia:
- Consolidated Training Services
- Nationwide Training
- Training Course Experts
- Site Skills
- WA Skills Training
- WAATA – WA Advanced Training Academy
- Coastal Enterprises Pty. Ltd.
- Choice Industrial Training
- Coates Hire
- Star Training
- Pilbara Institute
- Riklan Emergency Management Services
- CMT Transport Trainers
- Allied Forklifts
- Licences 4 Work
- A&J Training and Assessing
- Perth Forklift Training
- KG Training and Assessing
- RMS Recruitment
- Peel Safety Institute
- Down to Earth
- Mandurah Safety and Training Services
- Evergreen Safety Council
- Polytechnic West
- Kimberley Training Institute
- Induction and Training Services
- Australian Skills Training
- Construction Skills and Training Centre
- Shawsett Training and Services
- Go Workplace Training
- KI Group
- Tacoma Community College
- Fire and Safety Australia
- Statewide Institute of Training Pty. Ltd.
- United Training
- KeenBros Truck Driving School
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP)
- XLT Industrial Training Pty. Ltd.
- Tana Training and Asessing Pty. Ltd.
- Safelift Consultancy
- Ochre Training
- Richards Mining Services Pty. Ltd.
RTO certification training aimed at providing workers who is not yet licenced and for operators wanting to drive forklifts competency to obtain their licence.
RTO Forklift Training Requirements
- Student must be 18 years or older
- Able to understand English language to communicate
- Able to follow trainer’s instruction
- Basic Math skill to make simple calculation
- Must be physically fit because forklift driving physically demanding
- Two (2) passport type photos
- Must wear PPE during training at all times
- Identification such as birth card, passport, residency card,
- Driver’s licence, is preferred but not required
How do you renew forklift licence in SafeWork WA
2 months before your licence’s expiration, WorkSafe WA will send you renewal notice.
- Your HRW Licence Number
- Email address to enable you to receive security code and change licence details online
- Mobile phone number that you are currently using
- Your Visa or Mastercard for payment
- Color photo not more 6 months
Visit WorkSafe WA in their web address: https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe