Forklift licence is your ticket for performing work classified as high risk work. In Mackay, QLD legislations require experienced operators to apply for the new photographic licence if they only hold temporary certificate of competency or non-photographic licence. You must prove your competency and submit your application.
If operator is new, the process of getting a forklift licence is as follows:
Application Process of Forklift Licence
- Commencing from the date January 1, 2015, newly-implemented Australia wide legislations took effect. All students taking nationally recognized training )VET learning) shall apply for Unique Student Identified (USI) before getting accepted for a course. For more application visit USI website [www.usi.gov.au]
- Find a suitable RTO that provide course that matched with your requirements. RTOs in Mackay are mentioned below.
- The RTO will conduct 2 days training course composes of formal classes and actual forklift truck operation. The applicant must complete the required hours of forklift operation, the applicant will be supervised by a certified trainer.
- Must take the written exam and assessment.
- Successful applicants will be issued with statement of attainment and notice of assessment by the RTO.
- Apply for High Risk Work forklift licence with 60 day from the date of completion of assessment. The Applicant must submit application requirement to Australia Post. The Workplace Health and Safety Queensland will start processing your new photographic licence.
Registered Training Organisations in Mackay, Qld
- Pro-Lift Training and Assessment Services
- Industry Training QLD
- Skills Training Mackay
- Finlay Training Services
- Sharp Training
- Mt. Blue Training and Assessment
- NOVA Skill
- Total Training
- New Horizons Safety Services
- JADS Assessing
- TIDE Training
- Hot Courses
- Smiths Training Services
- Australia Forklift Training
- Alpha Truck and Training
- Site Skills Training
- CE Training Consultants
- LD Training
- Koolat Safety
- Vertical Horizons Pty. Ltd.
- Terra-Firma Training Company
- Skills Training Mackay Association Incorporated
- Ron Horsfall Training Pty Ltd
- Regional Training and Asssessment Services
- Qld Training Solutions Pty Ltd
- Q-DOT Centre
- McLeod Training Organisation Pty Ltd
- M & C Higgins Family Trust (MT Services)
- IML International Pty Ltd
- GMB Training Pty Ltd
- College of Warehousing Australian Pty Ltd
The RTO cost of training varies. If you want to undertake the comprehensive training it will cost as much as AU$500. If you’re experienced and intending only to take the assessment, it only cost you AU$250. You may check training cost with the RTO you’ve chosen.
RTOs Requirements for the Forklift Training Course
- 18 years old and above
- No body impairment
- Unquie Student Identifier
- Well versed in English
- Proof of identity (ID)
- Residency certificate
- Must wear proper personal protective equipments (PPEs)
Other necessary documents may be deemed required when applying for forklift licence in this territory.
For more information regarding legislations, rules and policies presently implemented, visit the website of Workplace Health and Safety Qld: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au.