Certified Registered Training Organisations and accredited providers are the authorized bodies to conduct high risk work forklift training course. For LF and LO classes, training course usually lasts up to 2 days. The course contains formal and practical trainings.
Here are the RTOs in Tasmanian Territory (some of them have branches and training facilities in Hobart, Burnie, Devonport, and Launceston):
Forklift Training Schools in Tasmania
- On Road Off Road Training
- Trans Train Pty Ltd
- Australian Industrial Trainers, Assessors & Consultants (AITAC)
- Handa Training
- Seafood and Maritime Training Tasmania
- Tasmanian Safety & Training Services
- Training Services Tasmania
- Transport Industries Skills Centre
- Youth Futures
- Work and Training
- Fork Truck Specialist Pty. Ltd.
- Go Workplace Training
- Driver Safety Services
- ASA Personnel
- Safe Lift
- Bluetron Pty. Ltd.
After the course completion, successful applicants are qualified to apply for National High Risk Work Licence. These documents will be issued to applicants: certificate of attainment and notice of assessment by RTOs. You need these documents for HRW licence application in WorkSafe Tasmania.
RTO also accepts Recognition of Prior Learning if applicant is already experienced doing forklift operation, this mean applicant only need to take the practical training and to be assessed.
Who Qualified to Apply for HRW Forklift Licence
- Those ages 18 years old and above
- Undertook forklift training course with certified RTO and have been assessed by accredited assessor.
- Can communicate well in English both in writing and speaking
- Can perform high risk forklift driving
- able to read workplace safety signages
Lodging Your Application for a Forklift Licence in Tasmania
The applicant must submit in person the below-mentioned requirements to Service Tasmania, WorkSafe Tasmania will do the screening and processing.
- Completed GF083 application form
- 100 poins of evidence of identity
- Driver’s licence if operator need to drive the forklift in public roads in Tasmania
- Notice of assessment (TLILIC2001A)
- Certificate of attainment
- WorkSafe Tasmania HRW Application form
You must present the original for verification.
During requirement submission, the officer will take your photo.
In case you did not receive your licence in 60 days, which will be mailed to you using the address you stated in the application, contact WorkSafe Tasmania on 1300 366 322.
Expiration period of HRW licence is 5 years.
Renewal of Licence
WorkSafe Tasmania will send you renewal notice to your address by mail, upon receiving the notice, you need to accomplish these documentary requirements:
- Your expiring HRW forklift licence
- Evidence of identity
- completed renewal application (GF084
At this time, WorkSafe will require you to declare that you maintained your forklift competency (LO or LF class).
If you failed to renew your licence, you still have 12 months from the date of its expiration to renew it. During this period, you are not allowed to perform forklift operation. After that 12-month grace period, and still you did not renew your licence, you need to undertake retraining through RTO and must follow application process for new licence.
If you have a forklift licence issued by other State or Territory, you can do the renewal at Service Tasmania.
For more guidelines and relevant details, visit the WorkSafe Tasmania at this web address: www.worksafe.tas.gov.au