Employers in Wyoming shall ensure that their forklift operators have received the proper training before letting to drive a forklift truck. They shall ensure the implementation of CFR 1910.178 legislation instructing the placement of safety policy when training workers.
The employer can designate a competent trainer to conduct the forklift training who has the knowledge and ability to deliver the course.
The course shall attempt to discuss topics related to forklift specifications (like capacity, limitation, equipment types, etc) and workplace conditions. The best place to conduct the training is at the workplace itself so that the trainer can amend the topics based on the road condition, workers’ behavior, work condition, and other factors that could affect the safety of the workplace. The training doesn’t have to be in the actual training room but it could be performed in a place where forklift trainees can be gathered.
- On-site Forklift Training is the Best Choice for Employer
- Will You Train Your Forklift Operators?
- Do Employers Need to Provide Forklift Training for Each Make and Model?
- Is Vision or Hearing Impaired Operator Prevent Him from Operating Forklifts?
A worker planning to work as a forklift operator in this state must comply also with the requirements by completing a training course at a training company or from a competent safety trainer. You shall decide what lift truck you are proposing to operate this is because the training must be equipment-specific.
Before you can become a fully certified forklift operator you shall undergo an intensive course, the training must compose of these vital parts are as follows:
- Formal education – it can be taught in many different formats such as classroom lectures, one-on-one discussions, PowerPoint presentations, video presentations, interactive learning, written materials, or if available, online examination.
- The second part of the course is the practical test. This driving test ensures that you know the basic controls of the forklift truck, maneuvering and driving and operating in different road conditions, loading and moving of materials, and many others shall be included as per the teaching of the instructor.
- The last part of the course is the certification. It may consist of a written examination and performance evaluation. The instructor shall make your certification. You then after receive your certificate and forklift operator card. The card shall include your name, name of the instructor, date of training and expiration, name and address of the company that provided the training, photo of the operator to avoid fraud, type of forklift truck the operator is trained for. These details are important.
If attending a forklift training in person doesn’t allow you because of some sort of reason, then you can opt to take the forklift certification through online learning. This method doesn’t guarantee you to become fully forklift certified this is due to OSHA instruction that trainees must complete the driving test in order to complete the course.
- Can You Use Your Forklift Certification to Work in Other State?
- Can You Use Your Forklift License to Work with Other Company?
- Can You Land a Forklift Job If You Have DUI?
- Passing the Forklift Hands-On Test
- Passing the Forklift Written Test
- How Much Does It Cost to Get Certified?
- How Long Does It Take to Get Trained?
Where can you undertake forklift training?
Here are forklift training companies in the state of Wyoming:
- Laramie County Community College
1400 E. College Drive
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82007
- University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
- Wyoming Safety Consultants, LLC
HQ: (307) 362-7645
Cell: (307) 371-4559
- United Rentals
2601 E 2nd St
Gillette, WY 82718
- Casper Fire Extinguisher Service Inc.
435 North Mckinley Street, Casper, WY 82601.
- Rocky Mountain Hoist Services Inc.
5352 S Winland Dr., Gillette, WY 82718,
Phone: 307-682-5724, Fax: 888-979-6297
- Wyoming Machinery Company (CAT)
5300 W Old Yellowstone Hwy., Casper,
Phone: (307) 472-1000
The cost of forklift training may change every now and then. Inquire with one of these companies and tell your requirements.
Here's a tip about choosing the training school:
How much does a warehouse forklift operator make in Wyoming?
According to salary.com latest report, as of March 29, 2022, the average yearly salary of a forklift operator in Wyoming is between $30,903 - $39,503. The wages may vary from town to town and can be dictated by several factors like the size of the company, market stability, and company provision. Here are the cities of Wyoming that offer high wages for forklift drivers:
|$36,247 - Arvada||$35,793 - Laramie|
|$36,755 - Basin||$36,080 - Mountain View|
|$36,323 - Casper||$36,755 - Parkman|
|$36,755 - Dayton||$35,697 - Tie Siding|
|$36,755 - Cowley||$36,755 - Wolf|
|$35,208 - Encampment||$36,247 - Worland|
|$35,673 - Farson||$35,738 - Wright|
|$36,755 - Frannie||$36,755 - Wyarno|
|$35,738 - Hudson||$34,859 - Yellowstone National Park|
Here's a matrix to check how much is your salary:
You can improve your job prospect by having a skill upgrade. You can take a safety trainer training course to level up your career.
Forklift operators should continuously take training for other types of lift trucks in order to broaden their skills. An operator who is able to drive different forklifts can demand better wages and promotions. Likewise, forklift operators who are perceived to be exhibiting professionalism in his job can expect longer tenure.
You can browse these legislators for more information
If you have further questions you need to clarify, you can visit the website or contact them.
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
350 South Washington Street, Afton, WY 83110
Wyoming Occupational Safety and Health Administration
851 Werner Court, #105, Casper, WY 82601
Cities of WY
Cheyenne, Casper, Laramie, Gillette, Rock Springs, Sheridan, Green River, Evanston, Riverton , Jackson, Cody, Rawlins, Lander, Torrington, Powell, Douglas, Worland, Buffalo, Wheatland, Newcastle, Mills, Thermopolis, Kemmerer, Glenrock, Evansville, Lovell, Bar Nunn, Lyman, Pinedale, Afton, Greybull, Wright, Saratoga, Lusk, Star Valley Ranch, Mountain View, Basin, Sundance, Guernsey, Pine Bluffs, Upton, Marbleton, Moorcroft, Dubois, Ranchester, Hanna, Alpine, Dayton, Diamondville, Cowley, Shoshoni, Byron, Big Piney, La Barge, Cokeville, Bear River, Pine Haven, Lingle, Hudson, Wamsutter, Encampment, La Grange, Baggs, Rolling Hills, Sinclair, Midwest, Hulett, Thayne, Superior, Meeteetse, Burns, Burlington, Medicine Bow, Kaycee, Ten Sleep,East Thermopolis, Rock River, Pavillion, Fort Laramie, Chugwater, Glendo, Edgerton, Elk Mountain, Albin, Deaver, Frannie, Yoder, Clearmont, Granger, Manderson, Bairoil, Dixon, Opal, Manville, Kirby, Hartville, Riverside, Van Tassell, Lost Springs