To increase employability, you need to get forklift licence in Tullamarine. Forklift safety course is a prerequisite in obtaining your licence. The course can be completed in just a day or two and could only cost you small amount of money but the benefit of having one is huge! Due to the reason that employers want those people who are already trained and with licences readily available, you can easily land a job in no time.
If you are an employer, the advantages of having trained personnel can boost your business productivity, less equipment maintenance cost and fewer workplace accidents. With those being the end result, you can guarantee of more profit.
To obtain forklift license for yourself or for your workers, we’ve prepared this guide for you. Read on...
How to Get Forklift Licence
- Determine what type of fork truck you want to operate to find out what kind of High Risk Work licence you need. There are two licence you can apply, an LF and LO. Refer below to understand the different of the two classes.
- Complete the licence application requirements, see below for the documents you need before you continue.
- Find a training centre in Tullamarine where you can enroll for a training course. The list of training centres is listed below for your reference.
- Once you are enrolled, you will undergo classroom lectures and perform practical training. The trainer will oversee your performance and will conduct classroom lectures.
- 5. At the end of the training course, you will be given written exam and go through driving assessment. When you passed, you will be issued with certificate of attainment and notice of assessment. You will need these documents to submit HRW licence application.
- Obtain an HRW licence application form participating Australia Post near you. Or you can contact WorkSafe Advisory Service, their phone number is 1800 136 089, or 9641 1444 to get the form. Fill up the form with just black ink and use capital/block letters.
- Submit notice of assessment, certificate of attainment, filled up application form and 100 points of evidence of identity, together with $60 to participating Australia Post. You need to sign the licence application form in front of post officer, therefore, you need to submit those requirements in person. After the Post has verified the completeness of the requirements, your application will be sent to WorkSafe for processing.
- Wait up to 1 month before you can receive your photographic HRW licence. The WorkSafe will send it to your mailing address indicated in the application form.
- Keep hold of the receipt issued by the Australia Post and the pink copy of notice of assessment, this will serve as your interim licence, proving that your application has been sent and awaiting to arrive. Forklift licence is valid for five (5) years from the date it was issued.
Forklift Training Centres is Tullamarine
Forklift training centres are also called registered training organizations (RTOs).
Forklift driving is considered high risk work, you must be in possession of relevant LO or LF licence before you go to work. You must take a training course first before you can lodge your application for HRW licence. Only an approved registered training organization can supply you the necessary training. Here are the RTOs in Tullamarine.
Australian Industrial Trainers, Assessors & Consultants (AITAC)
Training Centre is located at 15 Barrie Rd, Tullamarine, Victoria 3043
Ph: 1800 622 010
Australia Wide Forklift Training Centre
Unit 1, 4-8 Mareno, Tullamarine VIC 3043
Industry Training and Assessments
10 Barrie Rd, Tullamarine VIC 3043, Australia
Tullamarine, VIC 3043
Aussie Forklift Training – Call 0414 953 133
Forklift Training and Assessment on site is available
Refresher Training Course, Order Picker
Order Picker Training, Assessments & Licences available
An individual can contact one of these forklift training centres in Tullamarine to enroll for a training course. An employer can contract a centre to conduct the training on-site, which is the most effective method of training delivery.
If you want to know how to choose the best forklift training provider, READ this guide:
Difference of LF and LO Licence Classes
LF class is required when you intend to operate the following kinds of trucks
- Counter-balanced truck – the common being utilized in warehouses, ports and docks.
- Reach forklift (or high reach)
- Side loading forklift
- All-terrain type of forklift
- Truck-mounted forklift truck
LO class is also called order picker forklift licence and required to operate these types of fork trucks:
- Order picking forklift truck
- Turret Truck
Forklift Licence Application Requirements
- Must have 100 points of evidence of identify. Click here to find out what are valid IDs you need to present and its corresponding points.
- Applicant must be at the legal age of 18 years old and above at the time of assessment.
- Knowledge in speaking and writing English. The communication between the trainer and you is in English, the lectures and instruction to given during the course need to be answered in English. You must be able understand English in written and spoken forms.
Forklift Licence Renewal
If you’ve obtained your forklift licence after the date July 1, 2007, the WorkSafe will send you a renewal notice 90 days before the expiry date indicated in your current licence.
Make sure that you have updated information. Otherwise, you may not receive the renewal package from WorkSafe. Notify the WorkSafe in any change of details.
You must also present evidence that you maintained your competency driving forklift.
You must present the renewal notice (don’t sign it yet), 100 points of evidence of identity, passport size photo, and $45 as renewal payment. Send these documents in person to Australia Post.
What is a Forklift Ticket or Certificate?
These terms are both synonyms of the word licence. Some people may refer to it as “training” as well. Whichever it is, the only important thing to note about it is that the holder has been assessed and tested driving forklifts making him competent to operate the truck.
If you operate forklift for a living or assigned temporarily to drive the truck, you need a licence before you can commence your work.
Forklift licence/ticket/certificate is recognized, therefore, you can use it for employment anywhere in Australia.
Where is Tullamarine Located
Tullamarine is a suburb of Melbourne. It has three primary government areas, namely: Moreland, Hume and Brimbank It only has around 7,000 population in the last 2012 survey.
We believe that having needed competency can leap your career even higher. Getting forklift licence in Tullamarine will definitely improve your employability and yield more profits. Having a good employment or smooth business operation can boost morale to do more things.