It is very real that people may face rough times during the course of their careers. This is also true to businesses, may also suffer difficult times.
The situation could be worsened by the cost of the requirement you have to comply with the present government regulation.
You may be thinking about where you can seek help. The best option is to get assistance from your local government.
If you’re struggling to find money to pay for the tuition to get a forklift licence, government-funded training could be the right option to take. It is a great way to improve your skills and to open employment opportunities.
See below the list of RTOs that provide such training and the minimum requirement you need to have.
Forklift Driver Training Schools that Provide Such Government Assistance
There are state government-run programs you can find across Australia. These state governments work in collaboration with registered training organizations (forklift training providers). The government-funded programs have assisted many individuals and companies in defraying their expenses.
Transport Driver Training – four training locations:
- 4/161 Princes Hwy, Hallam, VIC 3803, (03) 9703 2488
- Bendigo, 154-156 Midland Hwy, Epsom, VIC 3551, (03) 5448 5515
- 164 Patten St., Sale, VIC 3850, (03) 5143 1177
- 68-74 Boundary Rd., Sunshine West, VIC 3020, (03) 9318 0690
Australian Work Force (Staff Recruitment and Training ) - Call1300 795 965, offices are at:
- Sydney - 255 The Broadway, Glebe NSW 2170
- Melbourne - Level 1 530 Little Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
- Suite 42, 44 Kings Park Rd, West Perth, Western Australia 6005
- Level 1 305 Thomas St Dandenong 3175
- Level 2 147 Coronation Drive Milton QLD 4064
- 21 King William St, Adelaide SA 5000
One Stop Training – Contact them at Tel:1300 556 387; Fax: 07 3399 5706
- 8/19 Expo Court, Ashmore, Queensland, Australia
- 8/19 Expo Court, Ashmore, Queensland, Australia
- Broad Street, Cunnamulla, Queensland, Australia
- 325 Fison Avenue East, Eagle Farm, Queensland,
- 11/53 Metroplex Avenue, Murarrie, Queensland
- Postal Address: PO Box 7083 Baulkham Hills BC NSW 2153,
- Unit 11/15 Valediction Rd, Kings Park NSW 2148
- Moorebank Business Centre 7/376 Newbridge Rd, Moorebank
- 1/3-5 Tattersall Rd, Blacktown
Ace Assessment & Training Services – Available course is RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction that cover forklift driving, contact 1800 456 094 to enquire.
- 64-66 Princes Hwy, Sale, Victoria 3850,
- 17 Gildea Lane, Bendigo, Victoria
- 9 Rocla Road Traralgon, Victoria 3844
- 4/68 Parramatta Road, Slacks Creek, QLD 4127, P: (07) 3133 4056
- Unit 1, 1 Clelland Road, Brooklyn, VIC 3012, P: 1300 912 914
- 85 Hume Highway, Somerton VIC 3062, P: 1300 00 TAFT (8238)
- 161 Princes Highway, Hallam VIC 3803
Foresite Training Pty. Ltd. - 1 Banfield Court, Truganina, VIC 3029, Phone: 1300 366 015
- Enquire if there is forklift training class available. Though this RTO provides training in construction and warehousing type courses.
The Driving School Gold Coast - 27 Technology Drive, Arundel, Qld, 4214, Phone: 07 5537 8101, 0406 539 613
- Contact the school if there is such forklift courses available that may suit your need.
Atlas Training - 1300 788 489, Mobile: 0431 823 800, Fax: 1300 788 429
- The traineeship is available for Certificate II, III, IV (Warehousing Operations). This may or may not include driving of forklift. You can get in touch with the training school to check your need.
South West Institute of TAFE - PO Box 674, Warrnambool VIC 3280 Australia
Phone: 1300 648 911
- TLILIC2001A - Licence to operate a forklift truck is available depending on the eligibility of the Victorian government.
Requirements in Applying for Government Funded Forklift Training
You need to verify if you’re qualified to receive government subsidized forklift training course before submitting the application. The factors that will determine your eligibility are:
- Your age – Victoria requires an applicant to be under the age of 20 to get accepted. You can check with your state government what age they require.
- Citizenship Status – Australian citizen, a permanent status holder or a New Zealand citizen is a strict requirement.
- Your Previous Educational Attainment – for those individuals who intends to acquire a higher level of skills and for those who do not have post-school educational can be accepted.
Other qualification criteria not mentioned above may be required. Ask about with the local government the complete the requirements.
Will the Government Subsidized 100% of the Funding?
The government can only subsidized a fraction of the fund needed, the applicant (individual or company) will still need to contribute to defray the whole fee of the forklift training.
The applicant can only avail up to two subsidized courses in the same qualification level. This limit applies whether an applicant finished or did not complete the courses. The limit is not applicable to courses on the Foundation Skills List or if the applicant is just recommencing his training in the same qualification level. Your application will be recorded, and you can only take two courses in the same level during your lifetime.
To Conclude This
The government grant could be of great help to get back on your feet and get the job you are longing for. If you are really interested in finding government funded forklift licence, you just have to make an enquiry with the afore-mentioned forklift driver training providers. Then ask about the requirements of the state government where you are located. The government will help you to get back to work. They will also give assistance to businesses that are in distress. Though the government will not cover all the expenses, the assistance will sure help the business afloat.