You cannot do your job without a valid forklift licence in campbelltown and in any other states of NSW. Forklift operation is classified as high risk work. An operator who intending must comply with the legislation set forth by WorkCover. Otherwise, you or or your employer may face fines and charges. The penalty is harsh. Applicant must also be in possession of a licence before getting accepted for the job.
Here’s the process of application.
Application of Forklift Licence
- You must have first a Student Unique Identifier (USI), if you don’t have it yet, visit USI [www.usi.gov.au] website to apply for one.
- Find out which competency level you need (refresher course for experienced operator, comprehensive for new operator). Likewise, determine what type of forklift machinery you are intending to operate. There are two licence classes: LF class and LO class. If you operate forklift truck equipped with mast and elevating load, you need LF licence, on the other hand, if you operate order-picking truck, you need an LO licence.
- Enquire about forklift training course with RTO in your area. The RTOs in Campbelltown is listed below, you can make an enquiry what you require, how much doest it cost, and how long will the training last.
- You will then undertake the formal in-class training (theory) and must complete required operational hours of forklift driving (practical training).
- You must the pass the written exam and complete the assessment which will be done by the certified RTO assessor.
- If you’re successful, the RTO will issue you certificate of attainment, notice of assessment, licence application form.
- After receiving, you must lodge your High Risk Work forklift licence application requirements in person to Australia Post for processing in sixty after receiving your notice of assessment. You need to pay AU$67. Upon submission, you need to submit also your current photo, 100 points of identification. WorkCover NSW will not accept incomplete application requirements.
- The photographic plastic licence will be mailed to you by WorkCover.
Registered Training Organisations in Cambelltown
Forktalk Forklift Training & Licensing
Unit 3, 49 Blaxland Road, Campbelltown NSW 2560, Australia
+61 2 4626 7091
A & L Heavy Vehicle
Unit 1, 38 Stennett Rd. Ingleburn. Campbelltown
Diverse Logistics N.S.W Forklift Training and Licensing
0401 491 415
Forklift World Training & Licensing
Des’s Driving School
1 Passefield St, Liverpool NSW 2170, Australia
+61 2 9821 1714
Unit 3/49 Blaxland Rd, Campbelltown NSW
2/36 Abbott Road Seven Hills 2147 NSW
(02) 8678 3444
Ultimate Driving School
33/323-325 Woodpark Rd, Smithfield NSW 2164, Australia
+61 2 9609 1888
The expiration of the licence is 5 years. The holder will receive notice from WorkCover 2 months before its expiration. The application requirements (expiring licence, application form, proof of identification) must be submitted to nearest Australia Post and pay corresponding renewal fee. In Addition, the holder must declare that he maintained his forklift driving competency.
Application When You Have a Damaged Licence
The damage could be physically mutilated or contained printing errors. Either case can be reapplied for correction. It must be done within 7 days by notifying Customer Service Centre, WorkCover NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow, NSW 2252, (02) 9287 5497,
For more information, visit WorkCove NSW website at this web address: www.workcover.nsw.gov.au, check for more rules and guidelines.