Workplace safety is the primary reason why companies want their operators to have forklift licence in perth. With certified forklift operators, company minimizes the risk accidents and injuries. Moreover, employers prefer applicants with licence than those without, obviously.
Hence, if you are seeking employment, you need to be licenced first and in possession of a forklift ticket. Getting licenced, it only takes a little of your time and small amount of money.
Here’s what you need to know:
Application of Forklift Licence
Comply with the requirements and submit to your registered training organization (RTO).
Forklift Training Requirements:
- Students who want to enroll must be 18 years old or older
- Must have Unique Student Identifier (usi.gov.au).
- Can understand and communicate in English.
- 2 valid IDs (primary ID include: passport, driver’s licence, birthcard and secondary ID: bank card, Merdicare card)
- Numerate to make load calculation
You are required to undertake training course, this could be done through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Please be reminded the course that will be provided by RTO should comply with WorkSafe licensing, NOHSC and AQTF requirements.
Here’s the list of RTOs in Perth:
- Licences 4 Work Perth - Unit 2, 22 Commerce Street Malaga WA 6090(08) 9344 1704
- Site Skills Training - 72-80 Belgravia St, Belmont 6104, Phone: 08 6500 0114
- Last Minute Fork Course - Forklift trainings are held in Northbridge (within 2kms of the Perth CBD), Phone: 08-6262-7419
- Training Course Experts - 3 Aberdeen St, Perth WA 6000, Australia, Phone: +61 8 9225 5122
- Australia High Risk Training - 89/87 Belmont Ave, Belmont WA 6104, Phone: +61 8 9277 4242
- Nara Training - 26 Clifford St, Davenport WA 6230, Phone: +61 1800 487 246
- Nationwide Training Pty. Ltd. - 13 Collingwood St, Osborne Park WA 6017, Phone: +61 8 9445 7766
- Equip-Safe - 10/477 Orrong Rd, Welshpool WA 6106, Phone: +61 1300 793 971
- Induction and Training Services Pty. Ltd - 2/164 Barrington St, Bibra Lake WA 616, Phone: +61 8 9434 9883
- Coastal Enterprises (WA) Pty Ltd - 12 Sparks Rd, Henderson WA 6166, Phone: +61 8 9437 6688
- Allied Forklifts Pty ltd. - 789 Marshall Road, Malaga WA, Phone:+61 8 9248 8660
- Consolidated Training Services - 59 Buckley St, Cockburn Central WA 6164, Phone: +61 8 9417 9444
- CPB Workplace Safety and Transport Training - Phone: 08 9353 3311
- Red Dragon Training - Unit 3/9 Oxleigh Drive Malaga, Perth, WA 6090, Phone: +61 439 850 435
- Mandurah Safety and Training Services - 3 Delmont Pl, Mandurah WA 6210, Phone: +61 8 9581 8333
- Coates Hire - Phone: 13 15 52 website: www.coateshire.com.au
- Delta West Training - 2/347 Great Eastern Hwy, Redcliffe WA 6104, Phone: +61 427 159 039
- Skills Training and Engineering Services Pty. Ltd. - 27 Sphinx Way, Bibra Lake WA 6163, Phone: +61 427 089 714
- United Equipment - 49 Pilbara Street Welshpool, Perth, Western Australia, Phone: 1300 852 730
- Australian Workforce Training - Suite 42, 44 Kings Park Rd, West Perth, Western 6005, Phone: 1300 795 965
- Choice Industrial Training - 46 Miguel Rd, Bibra Lake WA 6163, Phone: +61 8 9434 9272
- Site Work Ready - 72-80 Belgravia St, Belmont WA 6104, Phone: +61 8 6500 0114
- Shawsett Training and Safety - 29B Clayton St, Bellevue WA 6056, Phone: +61 8 6274 3300
For experienced operator, you only need to take 1-day course; 2 days for beginner. The training course varies from AU$200 to AU$400.
At the end of the course, you need to complete the assessment, your competency evaluation will be conducted by a WorkSafe High Risk Work Assessor affiliated with the RTO you chose. If you’re successful, RTO will issue certificate of attainment (TLILIC2001A licence) and licence application form; And Assessor will give you notice of assessment (interim licence).
Lodging Your Forklift Licence Application to WorkSafe
- Pay $95 to WorkSafe (as of this writing, could chance anytime)
- Must submit 100 points of Evidence of Identify
- Then submit the certificate of attainment, completed application form and notice of assessment.
The processing of forklift licence plastic card will take several days or weeks. The workSafe will mail it to you at the addresss you specified in the application form.
Salary of Forklift Driver in Perth
The certified forklift driver wage ranges from AU$18.55 - AU$27.96 per hour. The hourly overtime pay is AU$7.76 - AU$48.78.
With this, a certified operator can expect salary of AU$39,576 - AU$65,281 per year.
The demand for forklift driving positions are high due to the construction boom and warehouse storage industries.
Learn More from Forklift Governing Bodies
The Australia licencing rules have changed since the year 2007, your NCC licence need to be replaced by a National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work licence. For more information, visit this link and more information about HRW work is located here.
You may visit the WorkSafe website for current legislation and guidelines about forklift licence in Perth.