If you are an individual wanting to shift job into the field of driving forklift, the initial step you need to accomplish is to take a forklift certification. Taking the certification in person will require you to attend the course for 1 to 2 days, but when your schedule does not permit you, taking the forklift certification online is your viable option. Having a forklift certification increase the chance of getting hired.
An employer can certify their workers through online teaching if competent safety instructor is not available. Frequently, employer uses the combination of hands-on and online training to certify their forklift drivers. While OSHA mandates that hands-on training is required, online course is also a great way to introduce relevant subjects.
What can you learn from the forklift training online ?
To help you to become certified material handler, important topics must be infused into your knowledge.
- The most important of them is emphasis on safety. You shall be responsible for your own safety and of the people around the workplace.
- Be reminded that forklift training must equipment specific and controls are different for each type of forklift truck. In order to operate forklift, you should be familiar with the basic controls of specific machine. You can learn about the fundamentals of basic controls through online instruction.
- Limitation of specific forklift truck including load capacity and calculation, driving capability, proper functions and suitable operation of that particular forklift.
- Aside from that, the online training can provide understanding about OSHA legislations 29 CFR 1910.178 and all of its appendices affecting forklift operators.
- What lacks in online certification is the concept of hands-on training.
The online course is flexible, you can learn at your own pace or during your own vacant time. The course is discussed in different formats: video & photo presentation, computer learning, interactivity, and online testing.
- If hectic time hinders your plan of attending the actual forklift training, having the training online is the practical solution for you (for individual). Then if more time allows you to complete the practical test, you may do so to become certified forklift operator.
- Cut the cost for sending the workers to training schools (for employers)
- Reduce the lost time of production because employer do not have to send their workers to training schools (for employers)
- Fast compliance to OSHA requirements. You never know when their examiner will visit your company, so be prepared any time (for employers)
- This does not fully certify you in order to receive your forklift license. You need actual or hands-on training to become fully forklift certified, which usually tend to consume longer time to complete and more costly.
If this online method is best suits your need, the first thing will pop up on your mind is where to take the certification and how much does it cost. You can check below for the answers to your questions.
Finding companies that provide forklift certification online
Companies can provide forklift certification through online course as long as their meet or exceed what OSHA standards dictate forklift operator training. You can read through this list we have prepared below, we included the contact numbers, addresses and costs. These are companies from around the US and Canada:
|A1 Forklift Certification
10820 Beverly Blvd Whittier, CA 90601
Price: $39.00 / $49.00
Address: PO Box 16205 Phx, AZ 85011
| Leavitt Machinery
Also provides forklift certification in person in
Canada and the United States
Student Support: 1-877-881-2235
| Compliance Training Online
PO Box 945
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
+1 (512) 410-7335
| Safety Skills
130 E.Lawrence Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85012
| Forklift Academy
5737 Kanan Rd, Suite 508
Agoura Hills CA 91301
|Kansas City Kansas Community College
|Forklift Tech and Ocean Learning, Inc.
|United Alliance Services Corporation
Boston, MA: 877-399-1698
Johnston, RI: 877-399-1698
Middletown, CT: 877-399-1698
Mt Vernon, NY: 877-399-1698
|Forklift Training Systems
1911 West High St NE
|Business and Legal Resources
100 Winners Circle, Suite 300, Brentwood, TN 37027
Rough Terrain Forklift Training
2185 N. California Blvd, Suite 425, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Cost: $55.00 per student
1235 East Francis St
Ontario, CA 91761
$35.00 one forklift type
$55.00 any two forklift types
$80.00 all of forklift machines types
|BNR Online Training
16 Rembrandt Drive
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
Toyota Motor Handling (Northern California)
|Occupational Safety Group (OSG)
3330 Dingman Drive
London, ON N6E 3W8 Canada
Price of the course:
|Worksite Safety Compliance Center
Suite 401 – 55 Head Street
|Johnston and Raymond Equipment
5990 Avebury Road, Mississauga, ON L5R 3R2
Wrapping It Up
Obtaining a forklift certification online can be your consequent step, you need to attend the actual driving test subsequently and pass the evaluation to become totally certified forklift driver.
An employer desiring to provide forklift training for their operators, online certification can be the best option as it holds most advantages to lessen the affect on production.
(image credit:www.shutterstock.com and www.bexpertindoconsult.com)