Workplace safety is the primary reason why companies want their operators to have forklift licence in perth. With certified forklift operators, company minimizes the risk accidents and injuries. Moreover, employers prefer applicants with licence than those without, obviously.
Hence, if you are seeking employment, you need to be licenced first. Doing it, may only take a little of your time and small amount of money.
Here’s what you need to know:
Application of Forklift Licence
Comply with the requirements and submit to your registered training organization (RTO).
Forklift Training Requirements:
- Students who want to enroll must be 18 years old or older
- Must have Unique Student Identifier (usi.gov.au).
- Can understand and communicate in English.
- 2 valid IDs (primary ID include: passport, driver’s licence, birthcard and secondary ID: bank card, Merdicare card)
- Numerate to make load calculation
You are required to undertake training course, this could be done through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Please be reminded the course that will be provided by RTO should comply with WorkSafe licensing, NOHSC and AQTF requirements.
Here’s the list of RTOs in Perth:
- Licences 4 Work Perth
- Site Skills Training
- Last Minute Fork Course
- Training Course Experts
- Australia High Risk Training
- Nara Training
- Nationwide Training Pty. Ltd.
- Perth Training Centre
- Induction and Training Services
- Forklift Training Perth
- Coastal Enterprises
- Allied Forklifts
- Consolidated Training Services
- CPB Workplace Safety and Transport Training
- Training One Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Red Dragon Training
- Mandurah Safety and Training Services
- Coates Hire
- Delta West Training
- Skills Training and Engineering Services Pty. Ltd.
- Polytechnic West
- United Equipment
- Your Licence
- Australian Workforce Training
- Choice Industrial Training
- Site Work Ready
- Shawsett Training and Safety
For experienced operator, you only need to take 1-day course; 2 days for beginner. The training course varies from AU$200 to AU$400.
At the end of the course, you need to complete the assessment, your competency evaluation will be conducted by a WorkSafe High Risk Work Assessor affiliated with the RTO you chose. If you’re successful, RTO will issue certificate of attainment (TLILIC2001A licence) and licence application form; And Assessor will give you notice of assessment (interim licence).
Lodging Your Forklift Licence Application to WorkSafe
- Pay $86 to WorkSafe
- Must submit 100 points of Evidence of Identify
- Then submit the certificate of attainment, completed application form and notice of assessment.
The processing of forklift licence plastic card will take several days or weeks. The workSafe will mail it to you at the addresss you specified in the application form.
Salary of forklift driver in Perth
The certified forklift driver wage ranges from AU$18.55 - AU$27.96 per hour. The hourly overtime pay is AU$7.76 - AU$48.78.
With this, a certified operator can expect salary of AU$39,576 - AU$65,281 per year.
The demand for forklift driving positions are high due to the construction boom and warehouse storage industries.
Learn more from forklift governing bodies
The Australia licencing rules have changed since the year 2007, your NCC licence need to be replaced by a National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work licence. For more information, visit this link [ttp://www.alliedforklifts.com.au/newsletter/64926804-WorkSafeTraining.pdf] and more information about HRW work is located here [https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/high-risk-work-licence]
You may visit the WorkSafe website for current legislation and guidelines about forklift licence in Perth.