You will have a competitive advantage if you have a forklift license with you.
Employers prefer to employ those candidates with such qualification. They want to hire forklift operators who are already equipped with knowledge and skill.
If you are seeking employment as a forklift operator in Colorado, you must have in your possession a forklift license before you can submit your resume to a prospective employer.
A job candidate who has such as a qualification is assured of landing a good-paying job, likewise, if you are certified, you are most likely to get a job promotion to handle a more mature role in the organization thus increasing your worth to the company.
Now, if you are interested in becoming a forklift operator, you must take the forklift training, here’s what you need to know:
2 Ways to Get a Forklift License
#1: For an absolute beginner
If you don't have prior experience operating forklift, the process of certification takes a longer time. It takes about 2 days for the training to complete that covers classroom lectures and practical forklift operation. And depending on the type of forklift you want to be certified on, the training course could be longer.
There are several types of forklifts: Scissor Lift, Powered Pallet Jack, Man Lift, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Telehandler, etc. The course curriculum must be specific to the type of truck you want to be trained on.
You can take the course at the training school, please refer below for the list of schools in Colorado.
The training course, in order to comply with OSHA standard, must be composed of formal education, practical training and evaluation. Written and driving tests will be administered to measure the knowledge you've gained. If you passed both tests, you will then receive your certificate and/or license at the end of the course.
If you want to know how to pass the exams, READ these:
Here are some of the topics that could be interesting to you, browse through:
- How to Become Forklift Certified?
- Where To Get Your Forklift License?
- What are the Operator's Training Requirements?
- How Much Does It Cost to Get Certified?
- How Long is the Duration of the Training Course?
- Online Forklift Training Course - Is It Right for You?
#2: For employed individual
If you are presently employed, the company is responsible to provide you with such training. The company can hire a trainer to conduct the training on-site or they can also send you to a school to receive the training there.
If you are an employer who is planning to get forklift training for your workers, CHECK these subjects:
- Save Money By Designating Your Supervisor or Leader to Deliver the Training
- It is the Employer's Obligation to Provide the Training
- OSHA Forklift Training: Required Contents of the Course
- Forklift Operator is Injured at Work, Is Employer Liable?
- How to Renew Certification of Your Workers
Requirements Before Taking the Forklift Training
For faster and convenient acceptance of your application, you must have these requirements beforehand.
- Be at least 18 years old
- With high a school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Physically fit and in very good health condition
- Good vision
- No physical impairment
- Can work long hours
- Able to follow instrthe uction
- No substance abuse
Forklift Training Schools in Colorado
- All-Purpose Crane Training - Colorado Springs, (888) 501-1355
- Hellman & Associates - 11913 W. I-70 Frontage Road North, Wheat Ridge, Tel: 303.384.9828
- SRP Environmental LLC - Ivan Steinke 3001 8th Ave., Evans, CO; toll free: 866-222-4972, Ph: 970-352-9106
- TNT Construction Training - Denver, CO, Phone: 720-334-6424
- 5 Star CDL Academy - 2591 Legacy Way, Grand Junction, Phone: +1 970-241-1025
- Connections Training and Staffing - 8700 Grant St #100, Thornton, CO 80229; Phone: +1 303-867-5150
- ColoradoLift Equipment Inc. - 10440 W. Bradford Rd.Suite E, Littleton; Phone # - 303-948-5577
- LIFT Solutions Inc - 14704 E. 33rd Place, Aurora, Phone: 303-307-4566
- Welch Equipment Company - 5025 Nome St, Denver, CO, Tel: +1 303-393-8181
- FMH Material Handling Solution - 5165 Vasquez Blvd, Denver, CO 80216, 800-451-6749
- H & E Equipment Services – 9200 East 96th Avenue, Henderson, Toll: 866-GO-RENTAL, Local: 303-289-2201
- Colorado Safety Association - 1114 West 7th Avenue, Suite 150, Denver, CO 80204, 303.373.1937
- 5280 Lift Systems LLC - 6541 Washington St., Suite R, Denver, CO 80229, Phone: 720-710-5280
- Sunstate Equipment Co. - 1211 E Cheyenne Road, Colorado Springs, P:(719) 577-9750, F:(719) 577-9852
- Western Material Handling - Denver: (303) 893-2448, Fort Collins: (970) 482-1144
- National Utility Contractors Association of Colorado - 5023 W. 120th Ave. Box 297, Broomfield, Phone: (970) 376-1190
- MSC Safety Solutions - 4020 Kodiak Court, Frederick, p: (303) 477-1044, f: (303) 477-1078
- IVES Training Group - 1-800-643-1144
- Compsolve, Inc. - Serving Denver Colorado, Toll Free: (877)-630-0001
- Colorado Local Technical Assistance Program - University of Colorado Boulder, 3100 Marine St, Room A211-A213, UCB 561, Boulder, CO, Phone : 303-735-3530
Before you go out there searching for a school where to enroll, I would like to invite you to read first this guide:
Licensed Forklift Operator Salary
A certified forklift operator in Colorado can make an average yearly salary of $38,772. If you are employed as a forklift driver, there’s a continuous demand for your skill. In New Mexico, the salary of the operator is lower.
As of February 25, 2022, according to salary.com, here are some of the towns and cities of CO with high paying wages.
|$39,328 - Arvada||$39,838 - Jamestown|
|$39,302 - Aurora||$39,121 - Kittredge|
|$39,836 - Boulder||$39,449 - Kremmling|
|$39,466 - Broomfield||$37,807 - Loveland|
|$38,715 - Castle Rock||$36,066 - Pueblo|
|$38,706 - Colorado Springs||$39,095 - Louviers|
|$39,328 - Denver||$39,760 - Lyons|
|$37,858 - Fort Collins||$39,449 - Mc Coy|
|$38,864 - Fort Lupton||$38,317 - Monarch|
|$39,343 - Fraser||$39,276 - Morrison|
|$37,951 - Grand Junction||$39,786 - Nederland|
|$38,004 - Greeley||$38,902 - Paonia|
|$38,628 - Green Mountain Falls||$37,625 - Pierce|
|$39,449 - Hot Sulphur Springs||$39,055 - Pine|
$38,878 - Hudson
|$39,838 - Pinecliffe|
You can further read this if you want to know how much does forklift operator make in other city or state:
Companies prefer to hire those applicants with such qualification that’s why having a forklift license is prerequisite among other things. If you do not have a prior experience and you want to work as a forklift operator, here's an article to help you get started. Click here.
If you have further details and unanswered questions about occupational health and safety, wages standards, and licensing procedure, you can keep in touch with these governing authorities:
OSHA Offices in Colorado
OSHA Denver Office
1391 Speer Boulevard, Suite 210, Denver, Colorado 80204-2552
OSHA Englewood Office
7935 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 209, Englewood, Colorado 80111-2714
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
633 17th Street, Suite 201, Denver, CO 80202-3660
Citie and Towns of CO
Lakewood, Greeley, Fort Collins, Durango, Akron, Alamosa, Arvada, Antonito, Broomfield, Aspen, Ault, Brush, Aurora, Avon, Basalt, Bayfield, Bennett, Berthoud, Blue River, Boulder, Bow Mar, Breckenridge, Brighton, Buena Vista, Burlington, Calhan, Cañon City, Carbondale, Thornton, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Snowmass Village, Telluride, Superior, Cedaredge, Centennial, Center, Central City, Cherry Hills Village, Cheyenne Wells, Coal Creek, Collbran, Colorado Springs, Columbine Valley, Commerce City, Cortez, Craig, Crawford, Crested Butte, Cripple Creek, Dacono, Del Norte, Delta, Englewood, Denver, Erie, Estes Park, Evans, Federal Heights, Dillon, Dinosaur, Dolores, Dove Creek, Eagle, Eaton, Edgewater, Elizabeth, Firestone, Florence, Fort Lupton, Fort Morgan, Fountain, Fowler, Fraser, Frederick, Frisco, Fruita, Georgetown, Gilcrest, Glendale, Glenwood Springs, Golden, Granby, Grand Junction, Greenwood Village, Gunnison, Gypsum, Hayden, Holyoke, Holly, Hotchkiss, Hudson, Idaho Springs, Johnstown, Julesburg, Keenesburg, Kersey, Kremmling, La Junta, Lafayette, Lamar, Las Animas, LaSalle, Leadville, Limon, Littleton, Lochbuie, Lone Tree, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Lyons, Mancos, Manitou Springs, Mead, Meeker, Milliken, Minturn, Monte Vista, Montrose, Monument, Mountain View, Wheat Ridge, Nederland, Windsor, Yuma, Trinidad, Wray, Woodland Park, New Castle, Vail, Northglenn, Sanford, Oak Creek, Walsenburg, Westminster, Wellington, Timnath, Pueblo, Silverthorne, Springfield, Rifle, Sterling, Steamboat Springs, Olathe, Platteville, Rangely, Orchard City, Ordway, Severance, Ridgway, Silt, Sheridan, Ouray, Rocky Ford, Pagosa Springs, Salida, Palisade, Palmer Lake, Paonia, Parachute, Parker
Much has been said how to apply for the training and getting a certification. We just hope you have made your decision to pursue a vocation driving forklifts. We made this tutorial to help you achieve your initial goal - that is you can easily apply for your forklift license in Colorado.