You will have a competitive advantage if you have forklift certification with you.
Employers prefer to employ those candidates with such qualification. They want to hire forklift operators who are already equipped with knowledge and skill.
If you are seeking employment as a forklift operator in Colorado, you must have in your possession of a forklift license before you can submit your resume to a prospective employer.
Certified forklift operators are assured of landing a good-paying job in the industry such as in construction sites, airports, warehouses, factories, logistics companies and many more.
If you are properly trained and certified, you are most likely get a job promotion to handle more mature role thus increasing salary.
Now, if you are interested in becoming a forklift operator, you must take the forklift training, here’s what you need to know:
Forklift License Application
For new entry individual seeking employment but no prior experience operating forklift, the process of certification takes longer time. It takes 2 days for the training to complete that covers classroom studies and practical forklift operation. But depending on the class of forklift you want to be certified on, the training course could last even longer.
You will be trained using one or more of these types of forklifts: Scissor Lift, Powered Pallet Jack, Man Lift, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Telehandler
You must be certified by a qualified trainer. You can take the course at the training schools or providers, please refer below for the list of schools in Colorado.
The training course, in order to be OSHA compliant, must composed of formal education, practical training and evaluation. Written and actual demonstration will be administered to measure the knowledge gained by the trainee, if you passed both tests, you will then be evaluated by the trainer at the end.
If you want to know how to pass the exams, READ these:
The successful student gets a certificate of completion and certification card after passing the trainer’s evaluation.
The license is good for 3 years. Re-certification is to be done every three years.
After you've read the application, I would like to you to spend some time reading these imporant topics:
- How to Become Forklift Certified?
- Where To Get Your Forklift License?
- What are the Operator's Training Requirements?
- How Much Does It Cost to Get Certified?
- How Long is the Duration of the Training Course?
- Online Forklift Training Course - Is It Right for You?
If you are an employer who is planning to get forklift training for your workers, CHECK these important subjects:
- Save Money By Designating Your Supervisor or Leader to Deliver the Training
- It is the Employer's Obligation to Provide the Training
- OSHA Forklift Training: Required Contents of the Course
- Forklift Operator is Injured at Work, Is Employer Liable?
- How to Renew Certification of Your Workers
Requirements before taking the forklift training
For faster and convenient acceptance of your application, you must have these requirements beforehand.
- Ages 18 years old and above
- With high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Physically fit and in very good health condition
- Good vision
- No physical impairment
- Can work long hours
- Able to follow instruction
- No substance abuse
Forklift Training Schools in Colorado
- IVES Training Group - 1-800-643-1144
- Colorado Local Technical Assistance Program - University of Colorado Boulder, 3100 Marine St, Room A211-A213, UCB 561, Boulder, CO, Phone : 303-735-3530
- TNT Construction Training - Denver, CO, Phone: 720-334-6424
- Colorado Safety Association - 1114 W 7th Ave #150, Denver, CO, Phone: +1 303-373-1937
- 5 Star CDL Academy - 2591 Legacy Way, Grand Junction, Phone: +1 970-241-1025
- Turnabout, Inc. - 1630 East 14th Avenue; Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 813-0005
- H & E Equipment Services – 9200 East 96th Avenue, Henderson, Toll: 866-GO-RENTAL, Local: 303-289-2201
- McMurry Training Center
- Welch Equipment Company - 5025 Nome St, Denver, CO, Tel: +1 303-393-8181
- National Utility Contractors Association – 3660 W. Grambling Dr. Denver, (303) 808-5643
- Connections Training and Staffing - 8700 Grant St #100, Thornton, CO 80229; Phone: +1 303-867-5150
- Ziggylift, Inc. – 2406 Waynoka Road Colorado Springs, CO 80915; Tel: (719) 573-5438
- OSHA Courses - 1391 Speer Boulevard, Suite 210, Denver; Contact: 80204-2552, (303) 844-5285
- De Loss Industries – 435 Shoop Dr, Penrose, CO; Phone: +1 719-784-3860
- SRP Environmental LLC - Ivan Steinke 3001 8th Ave., Evans, CO; toll free: 866-222-4972, Ph: 970-352-9106
- ColoradoLift Equipment Inc. - 10440 W. Bradford Rd.Suite E, Littleton; Phone # - 303-948-5577
- Compsolve, Inc. - Serving Denver Colorado, Toll Free: (877)-630-0001
- LIFT Solutions Inc - 14704 E. 33rd Place, Aurora, Phone: 303-307-4566
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors of Colorado - 1114 W. 7th Ave, Ste 250 Denver; Phone: (303) 757-3956
- All Purpose Crane Training - Colorado Springs, (888) 501-1355
- Hellman & Associates - 11913 W. I-70 Frontage Road North, Wheat Ridge, Tel: 303.384.9828
Before you go out there searching for a school where to enroll, I would like to invite you to read first this guide:
Licensed Forklift Operator Salary
A certified forklift operator in Colorado can make an average yearly salary of $35,305.00. If you are employed as a forklift driver, there’s continuous demand for your skill. In New Mexico, the salary of the operator is lower.
As of October 31, 2018, according to salary.com, here are some of the towns and cities of CO with high paying wages.
|$36,448 - Arvada||$36,353 - Jefferson|
|$36,424 - Aurora||$36,256 - Kittredge|
|$36,978 - Boulder||$36,618 - Kremmling|
|$36,605 - Broomfield||$34,906 - Loveland|
|$35,915 - Castle Rock||$32,710 - Pueblo|
|$35,969 - Colorado Springs||$36,232 - Louviers|
|$36,448 - Denver||$36,906 - Lyons|
|$34,954 - Fort Collins||$36,618 - Mc Coy|
|$36,016 - Fort Lupton||$65,608 - Monarch|
|$36,508 - Fraser||$36,400 - Morrison|
|$35,143 - Grand Junction||$36,930 - Nederland|
|$35,146 - Greeley||$36,105 - Paonia|
|$35,897 - Green Mountain Falls||$34,737 - Pierce|
|$36,618 - Hot Sulphur Springs||$36,213 - Pine|
|$36,030 - Hudson|
You can further read this if you want to know how much does forklift operator make in other city or state:
Companies prefer to hire those applicants with readied certification that’s why having a license is prerequisite among other things.
If you do not have a prior experience and you want to work as a forklift operator, you can read this article. Click here.
If you have further details and unanswered questions about occupational health and safety, wages standards, and licensing procedure, you can keep in touch with these governing authorities:
OSHA Offices in Colorado
OSHA Denver Office
1391 Speer Boulevard, Suite 210
Denver, Colorado 80204-2552
OSHA Englewood Office
7935 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 209
Englewood, Colorado 80111-2714
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
633 17th Street, Suite 201
Denver, CO 80202-3660
Citie and Towns of CO
Lakewood, Greeley, Fort Collins, Durango, Akron, Alamosa, Arvada, Antonito, Broomfield, Aspen, Ault, Brush, Aurora, Avon, Basalt, Bayfield, Bennett, Berthoud, Blue River, Boulder, Bow Mar, Breckenridge, Brighton, Buena Vista, Burlington, Calhan, Cañon City, Carbondale, Thornton, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Snowmass Village, Telluride, Superior, Cedaredge, Centennial, Center, Central City, Cherry Hills Village, Cheyenne Wells, Coal Creek, Collbran, Colorado Springs, Columbine Valley, Commerce City, Cortez, Craig, Crawford, Crested Butte, Cripple Creek, Dacono, Del Norte, Delta, Englewood, Denver, Erie, Estes Park, Evans, Federal Heights, Dillon, Dinosaur, Dolores, Dove Creek, Eagle, Eaton, Edgewater, Elizabeth, Firestone, Florence, Fort Lupton, Fort Morgan, Fountain, Fowler, Fraser, Frederick, Frisco, Fruita, Georgetown, Gilcrest, Glendale, Glenwood Springs, Golden, Granby, Grand Junction, Greenwood Village, Gunnison, Gypsum, Hayden, Holyoke, Holly, Hotchkiss, Hudson, Idaho Springs, Johnstown, Julesburg, Keenesburg, Kersey, Kremmling, La Junta, Lafayette, Lamar, Las Animas, LaSalle, Leadville, Limon, Littleton, Lochbuie, Lone Tree, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Lyons, Mancos, Manitou Springs, Mead, Meeker, Milliken, Minturn, Monte Vista, Montrose, Monument, Mountain View, Wheat Ridge, Nederland, Windsor, Yuma, Trinidad, Wray, Woodland Park, New Castle, Vail, Northglenn, Sanford, Oak Creek, Walsenburg, Westminster, Wellington, Timnath, Pueblo, Silverthorne, Springfield, Rifle, Sterling, Steamboat Springs, Olathe, Platteville, Rangely, Orchard City, Ordway, Severance, Ridgway, Silt, Sheridan, Ouray, Rocky Ford, Pagosa Springs, Salida, Palisade, Palmer Lake, Paonia, Parachute, Parker
Much has been said how to apply for the training and getting a certification. We just hope you have made your decision to pursue a vocation driving forklifts. We made this tutorial to help you achieve your initial goal - that is you can easily apply for your forklift license in Colorado.